Soiland Company is hiring a full-time Weighmaster to join our team! Our Weighmasters assist multiple customers each day (construction and residential alike) and are responsible for accurate, yet courteous service and sales support to each customer. Our team assists customers with the type of materials available at all of our facilities, evaluates the customer’s budget and needs, and may suggest suitable products.
The ideal candidate for this position will have at least 1 years’ experience as a Weighmaster / Scale Operator. The Weighmaster / Scale Operator is responsible for many facets of our front-end operations with their primary duties include, but not limited to, weighing trucks, collecting and reviewing tickets, recording all information in our computerized weighing system, running reports, and filing. We look for a quick learner with a positive attitude, great work habits, and the ability to work well independently and with co-workers as a team, in a fast-paced environment.
- Weigh-in of trucks and providing accurate ticketing information for processing and billing.
- Use ticketing system to organize and audit tickets for compliance with industry guidelines.
- Assisting customers by providing product information, pricing, and product samples.
- Coordination of trucking orders for customers with each Soiland site team, ensuring customers receive their deliveries accurately and on time.
- Accurate processing of daily sales, daily deposits, and balance tickets to send to management.
- Perform a variety of administrative responsibilities including: open / close responsibilities of office, cash drawer balancing, end of day reports, daily office check for MSHA, and other tasks as assigned by manager.
- Answers main telephone line and responds to product inquires or directs calls appropriately.
- Maintains a clean showroom area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains continuity among front office work processes and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Handle all administrative responsibilities and projects as assigned and support the site administrator as necessary.
- Participate in Saturday schedule rotation.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be computer software proficient including experience with MS Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel). Will be trained on our ticketing system.
- Must have strong mathematical skills and have a high attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment with moderate noise levels.
- Bilingual is preferred, but is not required
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and speak clearly. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Moderate noise levels in front office from walkie talkies and truck speaker, and occasional exposure to dust.
- Education: High school diploma or GED
- Certifications/Licenses: Valid California driver’s license and a driving record with 2 points or less
- Must provide evidence of employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Must be able to understand, speak, read, and write clearly in English
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening and pre-employment physical exam including drug testing
Benefits: Weekly pay with a highly competitive base pay, paid holidays, PTO, medical, dental, and vision insurance benefits (100% for employee and 50% for eligible dependent coverage). Additional paid benefits include long term disability, life insurance, 401(k) and an Employee Assistance Program.
If you are interested in becoming part of the Soiland team, below are ways you can apply:
- Email us a completed application or your resume to: Jobs@SoilandRocks.com
- Mail us your resume: Stony Point Rock Quarry, 7171 Stony Point Road, Cotati, CA 94931
- Complete an application in-person: Come into our Stony Point site in Cotati and complete an application and hand it to one of our friendly office staff members.
Stony Point Rock Quarry
7171 Stony Point Road, Cotati, CA 94931
Phone: (707) 795-1775 | Fax: (707) 795-9426
Soiland Company is a second-generation family business based in Sonoma County. Founded by Marv Soiland in 1962, Soiland Company manufactures and sells aggregate rock, soil, and compost products from three locations.
Stony Point Rock Quarry in Cotati serves as our corporate office and has been in operation for over 100 years. The quarry produces some of the finest rock and aggregate products for large construction projects.
Soils Plus in Sonoma produces rock and custom blended soils for both large commercial landscaping and small home-owner garden projects.
Grab N’ Grow in Santa Rosa produces hand-crafted, high-quality soil, compost, and mulch for gardeners, landscapers and farmers in the San Francisco Bay Area. Grab N’ Grow is the oldest soil yard and custom soil mixing plant in Sonoma County.