As one of the leading recyclers of aggregate material in the North Bay, Soiland Co., Inc takes pride in our sustainable efforts company-wide and strive to constantly improve our relationship with the surrounding environment. We are hiring a full-time Sweeper Operator to maintain our commitment to clean streets by preventing trash and other debris from entering the stormwater system (i.e. local creeks and watersheds) at all of our Sonoma County sites.
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience in operating a sweeper, have a positive attitude, excellent work habits, and be able to work independently without immediate supervision.
- Drives street sweeping vehicle to clean company sites of trash, debris, and other contaminants.
- Fills water tanks and drives sweeper safely around the properties.
- Operator will use controls to activate rotary brushes and water spray to facilitate debris and dust collection.
- Performs minor maintenance on street sweeper: cleaning vehicle regularly, checking fluids and tire pressures.
- Picks up trash, and performs other minor grounds maintenance tasks as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have basic mechanical knowledge, ability to make needed adjustments as needed on sweeper.
- Must be able to climb into and out of a street sweeper multiple times per day.
- Ability to operate street sweeper vehicle.
- Ability to know your location in relation to the environment or to know where other objects are in relation to you and the vehicle.
- Ability to work in safe and efficient manner.
Physical Requirements: This position requires work outdoors with exposure to climate changes, chemicals, odors and fumes; bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing ladders and stairs; working on elevated platforms; pushing, pulling, moving moderate to heavy objects; ability to operate electrical and mechanical equipment; standing for long periods of time; walking; and driving a motor vehicle in order to perform the essential functions.
- Education: High school diploma or GED
- Experience: Two years driving experience
- Certifications/Licenses: Valid California driver’s license and a driving record with 2 points or less
- Must provide evidence of employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Must be able to understand, speak, read, and write clearly in English.
- Must be able to read and understand California traffic and road signs.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening and pre-employment physical exam including drug testing
Benefits: Weekly pay with a highly competitive base pay, paid holidays, PTO, medical, dental, and vision insurance benefits (100% for employee and 50% for eligible dependent coverage). Additional paid benefits include long term disability, life insurance, 401(k) and an Employee Assistance Program.
If you are interested in becoming part of the Soiland team, below are ways you can apply:
- Mail us your resume: Stony Point Rock Quarry, 7171 Stony Point Road, Cotati, CA 94931
- Email us a completed application or your resume to: Jobs@SoilandRocks.com
- Complete an application in-person: Come into our Stony Point site in Cotati and complete an application and hand it to one of our friendly office staff members.
Stony Point Rock Quarry
7171 Stony Point Road, Cotati, CA 94931
Phone: (707) 795-1775 | Fax: (707) 795-9426
Soiland Company is a second-generation family business based in Sonoma County. Founded by Marv Soiland in 1962, Soiland Company manufactures and sells aggregate rock, soil, and compost products from three locations.
Stony Point Rock Quarry in Cotati serves as our corporate office and has been in operation for over 100 years. The quarry produces some of the finest rock and aggregate products for large construction projects.
Soils Plus in Sonoma produces rock and custom blended soils for both large commercial landscaping and small home-owner garden projects.
Grab N’ Grow in Santa Rosa produces hand-crafted, high-quality soil, compost, and mulch for gardeners, landscapers and farmers in the San Francisco Bay Area. Grab N’ Grow is the oldest soil yard and custom soil mixing plant in Sonoma County.