Founded by Marv Soiland in 1962 and now run by his son Mark Soiland, Soiland Company is a second-generation family business based in Sonoma County. All Soiland sites operate with key core values that drive our daily business practices and represent our commitment to our local community, our employees, our quality products, and the land which provides for us all. At Soiland, we value long-term relationships and believe our employees, customers, and vendors are vital to our continued success.
Employee Health & Wellness Matters
We offer competitive weekly pay, year-round work, and a steady work schedule. Our sites are closed 8 major holidays and staff receive holiday pay. In addition, our employees accrue Paid Time Off with new employees accruing 11 days of PTO in their first year of employment.
In addition, we offer a variety of health insurance plans, contributing a generous 100% towards employee coverage and 75% towards eligible dependent coverage. Soiland also offers quality Dental and Vision insurance benefits to employees and their eligible dependents, contributing 100% towards coverage! In addition, Soiland offers Long Term Disability insurance and Life Insurance to employees at no cost.
How We Help Our Employees Plan for their Retirement
We want our staff to enjoy working with us but, more importantly, be able to plan for their retirement! Our IRS-approved Retirement Plan lets employees make 401(k) contributions towards retirement.
In addition, Soiland contributes 3% of the employee’s annual wages as a guaranteed Safe Harbor contribution to the employee’s Retirement Plan. Employees are not required to match Soiland’s contribution.
Finally, Soiland has a Profit-Sharing part of the Retirement Plan. Depending on Soiland’s profitability for the year, the Company can contribute up to an additional 22% of the employee’s annual wages.
Soiland is looking for a Bilingual Weighmaster to join our team!
Soiland Company is hiring for a full-time bilingual Weighmaster to join our team! Our Weighmasters provide outstanding customer service and appropriate product and pricing information to our customers. They are also responsible for scheduling customer deliveries, the accurate weigh in and out of trucks, and other administrative tasks such as open/close office duties, end-of-day reports, and other projects assigned by the manager.
What We Look for in Qualified Candidates
- Bilingual and fluent in English & Spanish (required).
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
- 1+ years as a Weighmaster or Trucking Scale Operator (preferred).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with moderate noise levels.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail.
- Regular, reliable, and predictable attendance.
- Must be 18 years or older and provide evidence of employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Must pass a pre-employment screening (physical exam & drug screening which includes testing for Marijuana).
- This position is a non-exempt full-time position.
- The pay range for this position is $21 – $25 per hour.
- The work schedule is Monday – Friday, with a start time as early as 6:30am. Cross-training at all of our sites is required. Some Saturday rotation between sites is required.
We are a proud and diverse family company with three locations and the singular focus to be the best at what we do and have fun doing it together. So, come have a blast and grow with us, and be the best at what you do.
We hope you will consider applying!
If you are interested in becoming part of the Soiland team, please apply in any of the following ways:
- Email your resume to Jobs@soilandrocks.com.
- Complete our Employment Application online.
- Complete an application at any of our 3 sites and hand it to one of our friendly office staff members!